If you believe that your vehicle may have been impounded and towed to Milne Towing Services, please contact the appropriate yard location/dispatch center to verify that we have your vehicle and to make arrangements for pickup.
Yard Locations/Dispatch Centers
Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1700 Marietta Way
Sparks, NV 89431
OFFICE: (775) 359-0106
FAX: (775) 359-0155
10960 W River Street
Truckee, CA 96161
OFFICE: (530) 587-6000
FAX: (775) 359-0155
Arrangements can be made to pick up vehicles after hours, however an additional after hour charge will apply.
ONLY THE REGISTERED LEGAL OWNER
OR THEIR AUTHORIZED AGENT
MAY RECOVER A VEHICLE
OR PERSONAL PROPERTY
FROM A VEHICLE
Before you come to recover your vehicle, here is what you need to do:
1. Have your vehicle information ready before you call
Year, Make, Model, License Plate #, Where you believe your vehicle was towed from
2. Call Milne Towing to verify:
· that we have your vehicle
· that there are no law enforcement holds on your vehicle
· what time you can come to pick-up your vehicle
· the amount owed to release the vehicle – note: vehicles released outside of standard business hours will incur an additional charge.
3. Provide Proof of Ownership
For your protection, we need to verify that you are the vehicle’s owner.
We will not be able to release a vehicle to you unless you provide us with the following information:
a. Valid Owners’ Photo ID (Valid Drivers License, Government Issued Photo ID Card, Passport, or Military ID)
b. Proof of Ownership Documents – Any of the following are acceptable: Current vehicle registration, or vehicle title
i. The information on the documents must match the vehicle documents and photo ID.
ii. If the vehicle registration is in the vehicle, you will be escorted to the vehicle to retrieve it and present as proof of vehicle ownership.
iii. A Bill of Sale without a valid title or registration is not acceptable proof of ownership
a. Payment of all fees must be paid in full prior to release of the vehicle
b. Acceptable forms of payment are: Cash or Debit Card. When using cash, please bring exact change.
c. Fees are regulated by Nevada Transportation Authority tariffs – No Discounts are permitted
Removing Personal Property From Vehicle
Vehicle Owners may visit their vehicle to obtain personal property one time during normal business hours subject to the following rules:
· Proof of ownership is required prior to the vehicle visit and/or removal of personal property from the vehicle Do not come to visit or remove items from a vehicle if you cannot provide valid proof of ownership
· A lot visitation form must be signed at the office before you can visit the vehicle.
· All lot visits require an escort by a Milne Towing employee, vehicle owners may not enter the yard without an escort
· An inventory of any items removed from the vehicle will be made on the lot visitation form .
· Personal Property may not be removed from vehicles with a law enforcement hold without first obtaining a release from the appropriate law enforcement agency
· After hours visits and additional visits are subject to a lot visitation fee.
· Personal property does not include any item attached to the vehicle such as tires, rims, spares, stereos, racks, etc.
Releasing Vehicles to Insurance Carriers and Body Shops
For the Protection of the Vehicle Owner
The Registered Owner must provide their authorization before Milne Towing Services can release any vehicle to insurance carriers or body shops. After proof of ownership and release authorization has been received by our office, your insurance carrier or body shop may arrange to have your vehicle removed from the impound yard.